The Charlton Society holds talks on matters of local interest, normally on the third Saturday of every month, in Charlton House from 2.30pm.
- January 20th: Charlton Village Action Plan – what to do, have your say!
- February 17th: Charlton Summerhouse – Charlie MacKeith, architect.
- March 17th: Deptford Photos – Anita Strasser, photographer
- April 21st: Charlton Riverside – a history – James Hulme.
- May 19th: Severndroog Castle – its history and refurbishment – Dr. Barry Grey.
- June 16th: Charlton Manor primary school – Joseph Turner-Wing.
- July 21st: Dig for Victory – Russell Bowes.
- August: No talk this month – summer break
- September 15th: Crossrail Archeology – Jackie Kelly, Museum of London.
- October 20th: Annual General Meeting – speaker to be confirmed.
- November 17th: Tower Hamlets in pictures – Malcolm Barr Hamilton, local history archivist.
- December 15th: Maypole, Masque & Maggot – Margaret Taylor.
Suggestions for future speakers and subject matter are welcomed, let us know either at a meeting – speak to Pauline Langley, Membership secretary; or by email to: the email@example.com.