Due to the current coronavirus lockdown the Charlton Society has had to postpone all talks for the foreseeable future. The Committee do have monthly online meetings and will constantly review a revised schedule according to Government guidelines regarding easing lockdown.
We wish you all a safe and healthy future.
The Charlton Society holds talks on matters of local interest, normally on the third Saturday of every month, in Charlton House, or, on occasion, The Assembly Rooms from 2.30pm:
– March 21st: The history of the Mulberry Tree: Dr Peter Coles (Charlton House) – Postponed until October 17th, 2020
– April 18th: The Women of Well Hall Estate: Lynne Dixon (The Assembly Rooms) – Cancelled
– May 16th: Charlton Cemetery: Gill Cooper (Charlton House) – Cancelled.
- Although this meeting was cancelled, Gill Cooper, long-term Charlton resident, and wife of the Society’s Treasurer Geoff Cooper, has kindly supplied the presentation she was due to give. Please click here to read
– June 20th: History of the Co-operative Society, Royal Artillery Co-operative – the first Co-op in Southern England: Mary Mills (Charlton House) – Cancelled
– July 18th: Some Homes for Heroes, built in SE London: Dr Michael Passmore
– August 22nd: Croquet Day (Charlton Park)
– September 19th: Lewisham Nature Conversation: Jessica Kyle (Charlton House)
– October 17th: Charlton Society AGM, followed by challenges facing Woolwich:
Cllr David Gardner (Charlton House)
– November 21st: The Assembly Rooms: Gwen Zammit (The Assembly Rooms)
– December 19th: Charlton Open Air School: George Burton (Charlton House)
Suggestions for future speakers and subject matter are always welcomed, let us know either at a meeting – speak to Pauline Langley, Membership Secretary, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Media Officer)