Due to the current coronavirus lockdown the Charlton Society has had to postpone all talks for the foreseeable future. The Committee do have monthly online meetings and will constantly review a revised schedule according to Government guidelines regarding easing lockdown.
We wish you all a safe and healthy future.
The Charlton Society holds talks on matters of local interest, normally on the third Saturday of every month, in Charlton House, or, on occasion, The Assembly Rooms from 2.30pm:
– March 21st: The history of the Mulberry Tree: Dr Peter Coles (Charlton House) – Cancelled
– April 18th: The Women of Well Hall Estate: Lynne Dixon (The Assembly Rooms) – Cancelled
– May 16th: Charlton Cemetery: Gill Cooper (Charlton House) – Cancelled.
- There is however a copy of the presentation available to read under 2020 Presentations
– June 20th: History of the Co-operative Society, Royal Artillery Co-operative – the first Co-op in Southern England: Mary Mills (Charlton House) – Cancelled
– July 18th: Some Homes for Heroes, built in SE London: Dr Michael Passmore – Cancelled
– August 22nd: Croquet Day (Charlton Park) – Cancelled
– September 19th: Lewisham Nature Conversation: Jessica Kyle (Charlton House) – cancelled.
- There is however a copy of the presentation Jessica was due to deliver to view under 2020 Presentations
– October 17th: Charlton Society AGM, followed by challenges facing Woolwich: Cllr David Gardner (Charlton House) – Cancelled
– November 21st: The Assembly Rooms: Gwen Zammit (The Assembly Rooms) – Cancelled
– December 19th: Charlton Open Air School: George Burton (Charlton House) – Cancelled
Suggestions for future speakers and subject matter are always welcomed, let us know either at a meeting – speak to Pauline Langley, Membership Secretary, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Media Officer)