The Charlton Society holds talks on matters of local interest, normally on the third Saturday of every month, in Charlton House from 2.30pm.
- January 19th: Woolwich Garrison Church: Tim Barnes & Clive Lambert.
- February 16th: Greenwich Peninsula Gasometer: Mary Mills, Industrial Historian.
- March 16th: Charlton’s Fallen: Memorials ans Stories from the Great War: Rob Powel.
- April 27st: James Ellis, Charlton Developer, 1880s to 1900: Barbara Holland.
- May 18th: Brigadier Michael Richards of Charlton. Military and architectural historian: Peter Guillery.
- June 15th: Charlton Society Summer party at Woolwich Garrison Church.
- July 20th: Restoring Urban Rivers: The Quaggy Waterways Action group.
- August: No talk this month – summer break
- September 14th: Charlton Society 50 Years 1969 – 2019: Members and visiotrs show photos and tell their stories.
- October 19th: Annual General Meeting – speaker to be confirmed.
- November 16th: Women’s Suffrage in Greenwich: Carolyn Ayres.
- December 14th: The history of the Mulberry Tree: Dr. Peter Coles.
Suggestions for future speakers and subject matter are always welcomed, let us know either at a meeting – speak to Pauline Langley, Membership secretary; or by email to: the email@example.com.